701 Parlette Court, Wapakoneta OH 45895 419-738-3011
IMPORTANT CHANGES WHEN FILING YOUR 2016 CITY INCOME TAX RETURN MANDATORY FILING FOR ALL CITIES:
- ALL residents – 18 years and older MUST file a local income tax return. All Municipalities are “Mandatory Filing”, even if you don’t work! (Retired Taxpayers that have no Earned Income and have registered with the Tax Office as being retired – need not file a return.
- All individual and business returns are due April 18, 2017. Business returns with a F/Y ending date are due the 15th of the fourth month following the year end date.
- ALL RETURNS MUST BE SIGNED.
- A $25.00 per month late fee, up to 6 months or $150.00 will be added to any late filed returns (even if no tax is due).
- Late returns with balances due will be charged 15% penalty plus 5% per annum (.45 per month) until balance is paid in full. LATE FEE MUST BE CHARGED PER HOUSE BILL 5.
- Page 1 of your federal 1040 return MUST be attached along with all W-2’s and 1099’s.
City Farm will be opening on April 1. Hours are M-F 9-5 and Saturday 8-2.
- The City of Wapakoneta is seeking a part-time Information Technology Technician. Job descriptions and applications are available here or at 701 Parlette Court Monday-Friday from 7:30AM to 4:00PM. Deadline to apply is March 24, 2017.
Effective January 20, 2017., Auglaize County is a Certified Building Department, and effective March 3, 2017, certified subdepartments of Auglaize County include: Cridersville, Minster, New Bremen, New Knoxville, Waynesfield, St. Marys, and Wapakoneta, for all commercial construction activity subject to compliance with the Ohio Building Code. The Miami County Department of Development (Building Department), under contract by agreement between Auglaize County commissioners and Miami County commissioners, will conduct plan review and inspections for all commercial construction activity in Auglaize County. All commercial construction projects currently under review or in process toward final certificates of occupancy with the State of Ohio will remain where originally submitted until completion.
Necessary forms, procedures, checklists, copies of the Ohio Building Code, and contact information will be available at the Auglaize County office and all subdepartment municipal offices. Please call Rob England, Building Official, at Miami County Department of Development with any questions: 937-440-8121, ext. 8069
See us on Facebook for useful, informational & fun updates about our great city!
- Application for employment for the City of Wapakoneta: Application for Employment