WaterPark Rules and Regulations
1. Violation of the general rules and regulations or any dangerous or unsafe conduct may be cause for permanent expulsion from the Wapakoneta WaterPark at the discretion of the manager, without a refund of fees.
2. The Wapakoneta WaterPark may close at the discretion of the manager for any of the following reasons:
- inclement weather, i.e., lightning, thunder, or rain
- temperatures below 65 degrees
- attendance of 25 people or fewer in the WaterPark.
3. Children under eight (8) years of age must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an individual thirteen (13) years of age or older. If the child can pass a swimming test, he/she will be allowed in the water without a parent or guardian, although the adult must remain in close proximity to the child.
4. The following are not permitted within the facility:
- Glass containers of any kind
- Horseplay (no dunking, no throwing anyone in pool, shoulder rides)
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco
- Alcohol and drug use
- Splashing or otherwise distracting the lifeguards
- Hanging on ropes
- Inappropriate language
- Tennis balls or racquetballs
5. Diving is permitted in designated areas only.
6. Coolers are permitted. No glass is allowed.
7. Replacement for a lost or stolen season pass will cost $10.00.
8. Diaper-wearing children must use swim diapers in the pool. Diapers may be purchased for $2 each.
9. Appropriate swimming attire is required in the pool. No cut-offs or thong bathing suits are permitted. T-shirts may be worn for sunburn protection, but only as accompaniment to appropriate swimming attire.
10. Facility staff must be obeyed at all times.
11. Patrons are not permitted to distract the lifeguards from their duties.
12. Any person proven to have maliciously damaged the Wapakoneta WaterPark or the adjacent grounds will be held financially responsible for said damage. He or she will lose all swimming privileges for whatever period of time the management considers necessary and proper.
13. Any person caught stealing personal or City property will be permanently expelled from the Wapakoneta WaterPark. The City of Wapakoneta may also pursue prosecution to the fullest extent provided by law.
14. Any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused admittance to the Wapakoneta WaterPark at the discretion of the manager.
15. Only children age 6 and under accompanied by a parent or guardian will be permitted in the kiddie pool.
16. Any person having an infectious disease or open sore may be refused admission at the discretion of the manager.
17. Personal music devices must be kept at a reasonable volume. For the protection of everyone’s privacy, use of recording device is prohibited in rest rooms and changing rooms at the WaterPark. All such devices must be stowed away while inside the rest rooms or changing rooms.Violation of this policy may result in loss of membership privileges and/or possible criminal prosecution. Recording devices include but are not limited to cell phones, PDAs, video cameras, digital cameras, web cameras, etc.
19. Allowable flotation devices—for shallow water only—include personal waterwings, water rings 14” in diameter or smaller, and fun noodles.
20. Public displays of affection are prohibited.
21. Roller blades, skates, skateboards, or bikes are not permitted beyond the admission booth.
22. Rest breaks are scheduled the last ten (10) minutes of each hour, signaled by 1 long whistle blow. Those 17 and under must exit the pools, except for children six (6) and under, who may remain in the water with an adult.
23. Daily admission fees are for the entire day. Admission fees are not required to re-enter the WaterPark during the same day.
24. Long distance underwater swimming and underwater breath-hold diving are prohibited.
25. The Wapakoneta WaterPark is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Diving Well Rules
1. One person is permitted on the board at a time. The next diver must wait on deck until the board is clear.
2. Before diving, make sure the adjacent water is clear of swimmers or divers and that the previous diver has reached the ladder.
3. Dive straight off the end of the board.
4. After diving, swim directly to the nearest ladder and exit the pool immediately.
5. No one is permitted to catch a child diving off the board.
6. Divers may be required to pass a basic swimming test before being permitted to dive.
7. Flotation devices are not permitted on the boards or in the diving well area.
8. General swimming is not permitted in the diving well area
9. The following are not permitted on the boards:
- Double springing
- Springing from a seated position
- Hanging from the board
- Inward Dives
1. Patrons must go down slide in feet-first position, seated or lying on their backs.
2. Floats, masks, eyeglasses, etc., may not be worn down the slide.
3. Climbing up the slide is prohibited.
4. After entering the flume, stopping is not allowed.
5. The rider must exit the slide pool immediately after sliding.
6. Riders must be at least 48″ (inches) tall.
7. Running starts are not permitted.
8. Spinning or tumbling while riding the slide is not permitted.
9. Only one person is allowed down the slide at a time
10. No catching children at the bottom of slide
Restroom and Bathhouse Rules
1. Children (6) six years of age and older must use the gender-appropriate restroom or be supervised by an adult.
2. Loitering is not permitted.
Any patron breaking the rules of the Wapakoneta WaterPark will be disciplined as follows:
- 1st Offense: Warning.
- 2nd Offense: 1-3 day suspension from the WaterPark. A letter is sent home.
- 3rd Offense: Suspension from the pool for the season. Certain serious rule violations may result in immediate suspension of pool privileges. Wapakoneta WaterPark Rules are subject to change without notice, and may be amended when deemed advisable for the protection of the health, safety, and enjoyment of all patrons.